When you decide who you want to manage PPC campaigns, you have 3 options.
You will do it yourself, leave it to the search engine, or hire an external agency.
What matters is who has motivation
Motivating good external agencies are here to help you get the most conversions. On the other hand, motivating a bad external agency is to get you the most of your money.
The motivation of a person from the advertising agency is to spend as much money as possible in advertisment. The same applies to a person from Google and Adwords.
Your motivation is to get the most conversions.
I’ll manage everything by myself
I’ll save, hurray.
That is very common mistake. At least PPC training is required, ideally ending up with a certificate from the search engine, if not from the training organizer. It costs you a lot of time besides money. You should also understand SEO, web analytics and UX because it is closely tied to it. You have 3 more training sessions. And then there’s another time you spend on PPC management instead of your business.
The division of labor and specialization has been with us since ever. Although PPC is not that difficult, it’s about experience. Cooking is certainly simpler, but remember what you did for the first time and compare it with visiting a good restaurant. So is the difference between experienced PPC administrator and you.
Small enterpreurs tend to shrink their own budgets in order not to come up with hard earned money.
I’ll leave it to people from Google
They are so nice that they set everything for free and arrange everything.
Yes, but just according to their motivation. I have seen a few PPC campaigns from different search engine people, but none of them were profitable for the client.
Inefficiency, budget maximization, keyword maximization.
Should I use a services of online marketing agency?
Nor is it really a guarantee of professionals. You have to choose well:
- There is a whole bunch of PPC management agencies, so as a first filter, you’ll want to be certified for Adwords. For Adwords, it takes a lot of time. Many smaller agencies do not waste time with certifications.
- You want the certification from the specific person who will work on the campaign. This is often a problem with large agencies, certification has only a few senior employees, but the junior what the campaign gets can be both without certification and no experience.
- Accounts in Adwords, and Google Analytics are yours, and the valuable data stored in them is left to you even after your collaboration is over.
- You can decide to end the cooperation at any time, especially if it does not work according to your ideas.
- The agency asks you to analyze your keywords or create it yourself. Do not shoot blind keywords.
- The agency sets you conversion tracking. Conversion stats should not only be measured, but measures are evaluated and agency makes adjustments based on them.
- Regardless of the different payment systems, PPC should costing so much that it is beneficial for both parties.
If this article helped you, please share it. 🙂 It can help other people as well.